Now, this is a recipe to cook with Burgundy wine. But please, don’t use a expensive one…
Burgundy Beef Stew:
One-pot meals offer much more than just easy cleanup. This easy, hearty beef stew recipe is fancied up with a splash of Burgundy wine. If it’s stick-to-your-ribs satisfaction you want along with company-special taste, you’ve found it!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
3 garlic cloves, minced. And 2 cups baby carrots
1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water. And 1 (8-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown beef in batches. Pour off drippings then return all cooked beef to pot and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
2. Stir in broth, wine, and garlic, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
3. Stir in carrots and onions; cover and cook 30 to 45 more minutes, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Add cornstarch mixture to beef mixture and stir for 1 minute, or until thickened.
5. Stir in sugar snap peas and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until heated through.